Ordering and Shipping
How to Order
Stonehouse Nursery Direct Sales
Phone: (269) 471-2918 Fax: (269) 471-5930 Email: Email Us Mail: 9319 Lauer Road, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
What To Expect When You Order
Once we receive your direct order by phone, fax, email or mail, you can expect to receive an acknowledgement of your order by email within 3 business days. Please review your acknowledgement carefully and let us know about any necessary changes immediately. Order changes and cancellations must be made at least 4 business days prior to your ship date.
Minimum Order Requirements
Earned volume discounts are based equally upon payment and purchase history. Your discount for the current year will be based on your previous year’s purchases, but it can increase if your volume for the current season moves to a higher level. New customer discounts are based on their first order and can also increase throughout the year if their purchase volume increases.
- Discounts do not apply to royalties, marketing fees, freight, labels and miscellaneous fees.
- To maintain your volume discount, your account must be kept current all year.
Sales Tax Form
- Credit can be established by submitting a confidential credit application. Download it here. Please allow 2–4 weeks for processing before your first ship date.
- Terms for approved credit accounts are Net 30.
- A 3% convenience fee is applied to all credit card payments on credit accounts.
- A $25.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- A service charge of 2% per month (24% per year) will be collected on overdue accounts.
- Accounts due over 60 days revert to a cash basis and any discounts are subject to forfeiture.
- The buyer agrees that in the event of default by non-payment of an overdue account, they shall be liable for collection charges and reasonable attorney fees.
- Action to enforce payment shall fall under the jurisdiction of Berrien County, Michigan.
We are happy to supply full color plant labels for every plant listed in our current catalog. These stake-style labels are sized nicely for 1-gallon containers, measuring 2″ wide x 6.25″ tall. Their cost is $.17 per label and they are sold in bundles that match the number of plugs per flat. Please indicate if you would like to purchase labels when you place your plant order. We are required to send plant labels for all patented plants; these will automatically be added to your order. All labels are shipped in the box or rack along with your plants.
Our durable wooden racks are ideal for larger orders of 30+ flats. Racks offer more protection than single boxes in shipping and are generally less expensive to ship. In addition, they allow for quick and easy unloading with no cardboard waste to discard.
Many of our smaller orders are shipped in sturdy cardboard boxes via UPS. Standard boxes contain two flats of 32s and three flats of 72s. We also have a box for single flats when necessary. UPS Box Charge: $3.20/flat
Shipping to Western States & Canada
Shipping Late Dormancy Items
From our experience over the years, we have identified specific plants that naturally break dormancy late in spring and can be problematic if shipped too early. To ensure you receive healthy, actively growing, easy to handle plants, we will not ship late dormancy plants until early to mid-April when they have resumed active growth. When processing orders with requested ship dates prior to April 1, we will automatically create a separate acknowledgement for late dormancy plants. The ship date for these items will fall between April 1–15 and these orders will be sent once we are confident the plants are actively growing.
Late Dormancy Plants:
- Amsonia (all)
- Aralia c. ‘Sun King’
- Asclepias tuberosa
- Aster n.a. ‘Purple Dome’
- Calamintha (all)
- Ceratostigma plumbaginoides
- Chelone (all)
- Dalea purpurea
- Eupatorium (all)
- Gaura (all)
- Gentiana (all)
- Helenium (all)
- Heliopsis (all)
- Leontopodium Blossom of Snow
- Lespedeza t. ‘Gibraltar’
- Liatris (all)
- Nepeta k. Neptune
- Persicaria (all)
- Solidago ‘Wichita Mountains’
- Tanacetum v. ‘Isla Gold’
- Tricyrtis (all)
- Vernonia (all)